6 Foundational Benefits of Homeownership Today
Over the past year, our homes have become an integral part of our lives more than ever. They’re much more than the houses we live in. They’re our workplaces, virtual schools, and safe havens that provide shelter, stability, and protection through the evolving health crisis. Today, 65.8% of Americans are fortunate enough to call their homes their own.
As we continue to think about the future, & our goals for the year. What we want to achieve well beyond 2021, it’s a great time to look at the benefits of owning a home. Below are some highlights and quotes on the benefits of homeownership shared by the National Association of Realtors (NAR). From feel-good motivations to economic and social impacts on the local community, these items may give you a reason to believe homeownership stretches well beyond your financial investment.
Owning a home brings a sense of happiness, satisfaction, and pride.
- Pride of Ownership: It feels good to have a place that’s truly your own, especially since you can customize it to your liking. “The personal satisfaction and sense of accomplishment achieved through homeownership can enhance psychological health, happiness, and well-being for homeowners and those around them.”
- Civic Participation: Homeownership creates stability, a sense of community, and increases civic engagement. It’s a way to add to the strength of your local area and drive value into your neighborhood.
Buying a home is also an investment in your financial future.
- Net Worth: Homeownership builds your net worth. Today, the median household net worth of all homeowners is $254,900, while the median net worth of renters is only $6,270.
- Financial Security: Equity, appreciation, and more predictable monthly housing expenses are huge financial benefits of owning a home. Homeownership is truly the best way to improve your long-term financial position.
Homeownership is even a local economic driver.
- Housing-Related Spending: An economic force throughout our nation. Did you know housing-related expenses accounted for more than one-sixth of the country’s economic activity over the past three decades?
- Entrepreneurship: Homeownership is also a form of forced savings that can provide entrepreneurial opportunities. “Owning a home enables new entrepreneurs to obtain access to credit to start or expand a business and generate new jobs by using their home as collateral for small business loans.”
The benefits of homeownership go well beyond the basics. Homeownership is truly a way to build financial freedom. You can have greater satisfaction and happiness, and make a substantial impact in your community. If owning a home is part of your dream this year, let’s connect so you can begin the homebuying process today.
Find Your Ideal Home
Thinking of life change and moving is part of that dream? You can track new listing on market for 14 days or less. Search better than a Realtor! This is a live feed so bookmark. You also can customize and save favorites.
First and Foremost, Safety First!
As we move forward trying to navigate our way through our new surroundings. Putting your dream of a new home on HOLD shouldn’t be one of them. Now more than ever knowledge will be your power. Know the Market You’re In and your Negotiation Power. Check out Categories for additional updates regarding the Market | Buying & Selling.
If you have any questions, contact us: Chatbot 🤖 at the bottom. Contact me by Email 📩 or my Cell 📲 @ 248-343-2459. With all the doom and gloom of the virus, one thing history has shown us, this will NOT define us. Stay safe! Please share your thoughts below or what future article you would like to see. Your opinion is important to us…. this site is for you ❣
Help me Find my Perfect Dream Home!
Tell me what you’re looking for in your new Dream Home…I can help you find the newest and best homes on the market.
Let us know what we can do to help you work your way through the Buying & Selling Puzzle.
Website Development, Production, and Content by Pam Sawyer @ Team Tag It Sold © 2017 All Rights Reserved